Not So Average Dodgeball Tournament!
Date(s) - 08/23/2018
Base Camp Pub
Who didn’t love playing Dodge Ball growing up? Here at Basecamp, specifically on Thursdays, we are all about re-living our youth! With that being said we are stoked to announce we will be hosting our FIRST Dodge Ball Tournament! Check out the details below:
Dates: 2 Weeks August 23rd & 30th
Time: 7pm-8pm ** Check In ** 8pm Games Start
Format: Double Elimination
Teams: 5 Players Per Team
Entry Fee: $50 Per Team or $10 a Player
Pay Out: 50% to First Place, 30% to 2nd Place, 10% to Third Place, 10% to referee
** HOW TO SIGN UP- Email Basecampmarketing1@gmail.com **
** Liability waivers must be signed by all players who will partake in the games. Failure to sign waivers will result in the team being removed from the tournament **
SEC. 1 Objective
The objective of dodgeball is to eliminate all players of the opposing team by throwing one of four game balls and hitting the opposing player below the shoulders on the fly.
SEC. 2 Starting a Game
Each team starts with ONE (1) ball and then there are TWO (2) balls evenly spread on the center line at the beginning of each game. It is a sprint to the TWO (2) balls once the play begins. There is a five (5) second grace period after the initial rush before balls can be thrown.
Each team member must start with one hand on their back wall. Play begins on the referees signal of “Go” and “Dodge” after the five (5) second grace period after the initial rush.
SEC. 3 Eliminating the Opposing Players
A player is out if:
• They throw a ball that is caught by the other team.
• They get hit by a ball thrown by the other team. (If the ball does bounce off an opposing player and is then caught the thrower will then be out. This is true even if a different player catches the ball. However if the ball bounces off another ball, the ball is dead. ). Players may use the ball to block; however, if the ball is knocked out of their hand while blocking, they will be out.
• They hit another player above the shoulders.
• They cross the center line.
A player is not out if:
• Their ball is caught off the wall or ceiling.
• They get hit above the shoulders.
SEC. 4 Out of Bounds
A ball that hit any wall or ceiling is considered dead and is not back in play until someone has picked up the balls and throws it at an opponent.
SEC. 5 Off-Sides
The center line is the off-sides line. If any part of your foot or body touches the center line, you will be declared out and thrown ball will be dead.